Sunday, February 13, 2011

Maui Day 4

So, the whole reason for our trip to Hawaii was for a Gynecology conference for me to attend at the Westin in Maui.  And just to prove that I did, in fact, go to part of the conference, here I am ready for the first day! I learned a ton of stuff at the conference, and I really enjoyed it!


 After the morning of the conference, we went to Blue Hawaiian for a helicopter tour!  Neither of us had ever ridden in a helicopter, and it was AWESOME!  I'm not gonna lie...I was FREAKING out before it got going.  I just knew I was going to get dizzy, nauseated, or some sort of sick (i'm a tad bit paranoid sometimes, ha).  But...Caleb was right, and the helicopter tour was incredible.  We actually got a free upgrade (again!) to go over the West Maui Mountains PLUS all of another beautiful Hawaii island, Molokai.





(see the rainbow??!!)


We saw huge waterfalls, the highest cliffs at a beach in the world, amazing mountains, and whales! Our pilot told us tons of stories about the islands, and we were beyond entertained.  Surprisingly, I didn’t want the helicopter ride to end.


We had a (FREE) sunset dinner on the beach at the Westin later that night with my fellow conference buds.  I'm always up for a free meal, especially when you throw in a beautiful sunset.  The sunsets in Hawaii are indescribable. 


At the end of every day, Caleb and I agree that it was our favorite day.  I honestly don’t think we could choose one as our favorite if we had to.  Each day has been awesome!

No comments: