Sunday, August 28, 2011

Laminin

We watched a Louie Giglio video at church this morning instead of doing our regular lesson.  I had seen bits and pieces of it before, but it was neat to see the full version today.  I knew I was gonna love it when he started talking about nucleotides and chromosomes.  (I'm a sucker for some biology.)  He related the size of the earth to a golf ball and totally opened my eyes to how BIG our God is and how small we are.  

Sometimes I think I am able to come up with the best plans for my day, my weekend, and essentially my life.  I will stress, worry, and totally think things through, completely neglecting the fact God is soooooo stinkin' smart, and His plan is way better than mine ever could be.  He created the whole world for crying out loud, including the humongous star Beetlejuice (you'll have to watch the whole video).  It gave me such a peace to know someone so amazing cares about little ole me and my life. 

At the end of the video, Louie talks about laminin, a cell adhesion molecule.  It's what literally holds us all together.  Not our planning, stress, worry, hard work, organization, or anything else.  But laminin.  And what else would it look like but this?

I am thankful and feel truly blessed to know that the molecule holding me together is in the shape of the cross.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

No comments: