Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday, Wallace!

Oh, Wallace!  This year has flown by!  I can't believe it was one year ago today that I went in to work and was told after arriving that I was in labor and needed to go to the hospital.  Just 2 hours later, I was holding you in my arms.  You have been the sweetest baby from the moment you were born.  I am always telling people what an "easy" baby you are, and how you're so content.  You have the best personality, and I could just eat you up with a spoon.

You are officially a walker.  You decided on November 7 that you were ready to walk.  It took you about a week to perfect it, and you're all in now.  You can get anywhere you wanna go, and quickly.  

You are still so sweet, gentle, and playful.  You love for me to chase you.  You love your mommy, and you crawl right up in my lap several times a day to cuddle, especially when you're sleepy.  The down side to this age is your stranger danger.  You are not loving church nursery right now.

You continue to be a great sleeper, sleeping all night roughly 11-12 hours as long as you aren't sick.  I still rock you to sleep after you drink your bottle.  And speaking of bottles, you are drinking whole milk now.  You don't love milk from a straw cup, but you do great with water in one.

You're also a great eater.  You'll try anything, eating at least a few bites.  You definitely have your faves - FRUIT (bananas, blueberries, strawberries), yogurt, sweets, black beans, potatoes, oatmeal.

You love trucks and balls - all boy!  You also like playing hide and seek, chase, and hiding yourself in the curtains.  Your fave hiding spot is behind the rocking chair in your room.  You laugh your head off when I find you there.

You have said a few words here and there - Mamamama, banana, no, and then you'll repeat sounds we make at times (Go in there is one phrase I can think of).

You wear 12 months clothes, size 4 diapers, size 4 shoes.  You still use a sleep sack, and you now have a lovie for sleep.

I love you and your curly headed self so much!

Our prayer is that you grow to be a child of God, that you will ask Him into your heart at an early age and follow Him.  We pray to raise you in a way that brings honor and glory to Him.  This world we live in is getting scarier and scarier by the day, making parenting a real challenge.  It's such a gift to be able to raise you, and we love you to pieces sweet boy!  Happy first birthday, precious!!!

Love, mommy and daddy

No comments: