Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Deanie got a Cell!

If you don't know, Deanie is my 82 year old grandmother...better known as "Mama."  She's the type who only has 16 TV channels and sees nothing wrong with that, as long as she has the "ball game channel."  (She means ESPN)  So it's pretty major for Mama to get a cell phone.  Maybe Verizon had a senior citizen rate.  I called her home phone today because I didn't have her new number yet.  She was thrilled to share the cell number with me and said we will have to start texting.  The day I text my grandmother...wow!  Someone will definitely have to help her out with that one.  My mom tries to T9, and it's a disaster every time.  Sorry, Mom.  Here we are during a little day trip to Asheville last summer.


Anyhow, while I'm talking about Mama Deanie, I must mention what an awesome woman of God she is.  She has always been such an inspiration.  She's dedicated to her family, friends, and the Lord 110%.  I remember her teaching me about Jesus when I was just a wee little tot.  She's always so pleasant, and it just lifts my spirit to talk to her! Here's a picture of her on Christmas with her money tree from John.   I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful cell phone savvy Mama!  We love you!

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

No comments: