Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day

We celebrated St. Patty's Day (a day late) with some Irish dancing at dance class tonight.  It was Public Dance night at the dance studio, and we were a bit nervous about it.  Apparently, there are many people in the Greenville area that do this public dance thing all the time.  They were decked out in their dancin' gear and were such naturals with the entire event.  

Caleb and me....  Awkward, party of two.

We, again, stood out like a sore thumb.  This was partly due to our age, but mainly our experience.  We both had the deer in headlights look.  Happy deer though.

I mean, it wasn't that bad, but...  they did several dances which required you to pair up with a random man (or woman for Caleb).  My favorite part was watching him dance with these close to professional female dancers who would just whirl him around.  It was priceless, and I'm kicking myself for not taking the camera.  They would just call out a dance (out of the 8 we learned), and we were suppose to pick a partner and boogie away.

I was paired up with this midget of a man one time for swing dance, and he was so easy to spin.  When I got back around to dancing with that tall husband of mine, I nearly pulled my arm out of socket trying to spin him.  I should have worn heels.
Later, we made a huge circle and learned a choreographed Irish dance.  It was SO cute!

All in all, I have LOVED doing the dance lessons, and I'm so glad Caleb did this for me.  I can't say we'll be the first ones on the dance floor at every event showing off the tango, salsa, and waltz, but we had a heck of a time learning.

No comments: