Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Boom Boom Pow

That's what we heard at 5:00 yesterday at the office.  I had just walked upstairs to get my stuff together to go home when I heard the big BOOM.  It was storming pretty bad outside so I decided to mosy back downstairs where everybody else was waiting.  On the way, I walked by the little closet that houses our main computer system and noticed it humming pretty loudly.  Well, apparently that BOOM was lightning striking our building.  It led to a good bit of excitement including a fire truck outside and several firemen wandering around the building.  Everyone was fine, but our computer system can't boast the same.  We've been old school today with paper charts, hand written lab orders, etc.  Good times.  

Also, I had allergy testing done yesterday, and I discovered that I'm allergic to dust mites.  Who isn't?  The good news is:  the doctor recommended that we only have hardwoods and tile floors in our house.  No carpet!  And we can use my allergy as a tax write off whenever we replace the floors OR buy a new house.  Sounds good to me.

No comments: