Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cage of Responsibility

We started our new book at Bible study tonight...Chase the Goose!  I REALLY like it.  There are 6 sessions that go through 6 "cages" that limit us from truly following our passion and the Lord's will.  Tonight's "cage" was the cage of responsibility.  We are all guilty of taking on too many responsibilities that get in the way of fulfilling our call.  I am such a "Yes" girl, and I am learning how to say no to things that may not necessarily glorify His kingdom.  It's hard.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4

I am constantly reminded of this verse.  I feel so blessed to have a job which allows me to express my passion, and I truly feel that the Lord placed me there.   Even so, it is incredibly important for me to remember to delight myself in the Lord and stay focused on His almighty plan, as opposed to worldly desires.

I'm really looking forward to doing this study, and I can't wait to see what all we learn. 

No comments: