Friday, May 21, 2010

Coach John

I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera to the baseball game last night.  There were some kodak moments of those kiddos.  My brother John is coaching a 6-8 year old baseball team, and we watched his game last night.  I'm sure these occurrences are the same for any youngsters playing baseball so not as interesting to all of you.  I, however, have not been to a kiddy game in quite a while, so it was very amusing.  

They were all far more interested in playing in the dirt than being ready for a hit.  They only stood up when they had to...aka when John made them.  The bats weigh more than the kids.  So after each swing of the bat, they would do about 3 spins in place.  Precious.  And the dramatic "injuries"....wow.  One of my cousins, little Luke, was playing on the opposing team, and he faked a great injury for all of us when we were watching.  It was so pitiful, but he sure was okay to return to dirt playing soon after.

If you know John, you would be as amazed as I am with the patience he displays on the field with the children.  He is quite possibly one of the most impatient people I know, but he held it together when tons of parents were watching, haha.  It was great entertainment for all!

I can't wait until we can watch Ben and Garrison play ball.  I'm sure they'll be great dirt-players and swing-spinners!

No comments: