Thursday, May 19, 2011

Visiting, Hernias, and a Pushover

Our small group has been trying to come up with some sort of way to give back to the community, and we've had several ideas.  Our first one was to visit other young couples who have "visited" our church.  It sounded like a great idea - just stop by after dinner, say hello, and drop off a little goodie bag with First Baptist info.

It ended up being kinda funny.  Our first stop was at a girl's house who I'm pretty sure was about 15 years old.  She fibbed a little bit on her info sheet.  We also went by the home of church members, not visitors, and a church employee.  Good times.  We've got to do a little better screening next time, HA.

I went to my old stomping grounds, Union High School, Tuesday and Wednesday to do sports physicals for the athletes.  It was quite an experience, and I was glad to help out.  However, it was a bit awkward doing the "hernia check" for all the little boy athletes.  Bless 'em.  We all just got past our giggles and carried on.

And finally, I'm such a pushover.  Caleb is an Apple fanatic, and I thought he was going to be satisfied for a while once I got the iPhone.  He gets to play with it all the time, but apparently, his real desire was for an iPad.  He's been calling Best Buy daily to see if they've gotten any in because we want to use our Reward Zone points and buy one from there.  Well, today was his lucky day.  I felt like we won a game by catching Best Buy on the day they actually had an iPad in so I caved.  Merry Christmas in May!  I'll have to remind him of this new toy in December...

1 comment:

User Not Found said...

You'll love the iPad! We have one and it's wonderful :)