Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

What better place to spend the 4th of July than at Lake Murray?!  It was a HOT weekend, and I don't know what I would have done without being on the water!

Dusty and Nicole picked us up bright and early Saturday morning to try and beat the water traffic.  They have an awesome wakeboarding boat and are always so gracious to let us play!


Jordan tried surfing for the first time, and he sorta got the hang of it.  



I get so excited once I actually get up, and I usually end up back down within a few seconds.


We even got to hang out with Lacey a little bit!  Her family has had a house at Lake Murray for as long as I can remember, and it's always good to see them.  Lacey just feels like part of the Gregory family sometimes.  I think it's because of our Union/Newberry roots.  Those 2 towns have a lot in common, HA.


We rode on the boat to watch the fireworks show Saturday night.  My daddy's pontoon isn't exactly the fastest thing in the world, but it's perfect for a little night ride.  I'm pretty sure we could have all fallen asleep.


My parent's friends David and Melissa came up for the day on Sunday with Kacie and her sweet baby Lydia.  She's only 1 month old, and my dad kept wanting her to go for a ride on the tube.  We compromised with a leisurely pontoon ride.


Isn't she so sweet in her little bikini?!

As much as we love hanging out with Dusty and Nicole, Dusty tends to get these crazy ideas in Caleb's head about trying new tricks on the wakeboard.  It makes me so nervous when he tries new things.  I snapped a few pics, and then just had to turn my head.


On Monday, the Blackwoods came for a visit.  They just got a new bass boat, and they tried to catch some fish.  Not much luck, but they had fun tryin'.


Here's our first attempt at 2-at-a-time behind John & Jordan's boat.


Lacey and I wanted to try it together, but they decided it would be better to have one "stable" person back who has "control."  HA!


That was probably a good idea.  Thanks, Caleb.

It was so much fun having different friends and family come visit over the weekend.  We had a wonderful time celebrating America and enjoying a day off work!


No comments: