I can hardly believe tomorrow is THANKSGIVING. The fact that it's nearly 80 degrees outside doesn't help, but it really is nice weather, just weird to have it in November. Anyway, I just wanted to take a minute to remember a few of the things we are thankful for.
1. Our church. Caleb and I visited umpteen churches when we settled in Spartanburg 3 years ago, and we finally joined First Baptist a while back. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. We have made so many true friendships through that church, and I truly believe we are growing spiritually each and every day. I am challenged and encouraged by our sermons each week, and I pray that we continue to grow in our faith through FBS (that's First Baptist Spartanburg for you non-locals).
2. Our marriage. It has been almost 3 years! I canNOT believe that. It feels like just yesterday we were saying "I Do," but also like maybe 100 years ago at the same time, if that makes sense. We have been through so much together already. I don't know where I would be without Caleb by my side each and every day. He drives me crazy, makes me laugh, lets me cry, and does the dishes. What more can a girl ask for? We have a very exciting trip planned for next month to celebrate our 3 fun years, and I can't wait to travel and spend more QT with my awesome husband who I don't deserve. (Cheesy, soooo NOT me, but it's Thanksgiving)
3. Our family. What would we do without our awesome families? The countless meals, the never ending advice, the ridiculous stories, the ever present dysfunction which exists in all families...I love it all! We are so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, and everything in between.
4. Our health. Caleb has always been a healthy one (knock on wood), with the exception of his 3 spontaneous PTX. I, on the other hand, have been fighting with migraines and some weird heart issue for years now. However, I went 3 whole months without a migraine earlier this year (PRAISE THE LORD!). Now they have started back a little bit with the change of season, but in the grand scheme of things, we're pretty healthy folks.
5. Our home. In case you haven't noticed from my obnoxious mention of it on here, I absolutely love our new place we call home. We are in constant prayer to sell the townhouse ASAP so we will feel a bit more settled, but for now, we'll enjoy having 2 homes and look at it as a blessing.
6. Our friends. I feel so thankful to have so many friends to call, email, text, or visit whenever we want fun friend time. As I get a little older (I am closer to 30 than 20 now), I realize how much I should truly cherish a real friendship.
7. And most importantly, our Savior. It is from Him that all blessings come. We are thankful that He gave His Son to die for us.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy this exciting holiday!