Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Day!

Caleb and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year, and it was so fun!  We really got into making the dining room look special.  My favorite part was the turkey napkins.  Thank you YouTube for showing us how to fold them.  Simple things like turkey napkins make me happy : )



Here's part of the spread.  We still have a few leftovers in the fridge.  I'm just waiting on one of us to start gobbling as we slowly become turkeys.  It was delicious.  All I had to make was the sweet tea ; ) I'd be happy to supply the house every year if that's all it takes.


This picture is my most favorite timer picture.  Caleb set up the tripod in the back yard, and he had to sprint up the stairs onto the deck to make it in the pic.  I hadn't seem him truly use his athletic ability of sprinting in a while until Thursday.


Anna and me with our too cool for school little cousins.


Love ya'll!


The Blackwood Girls.  It sure was tough this year without Mama there at Thanksgiving.  I miss her every day, and especially at the holidays.  Luckily, my mom and aunts learned a lot about her cooking skills over the years.  We will always remember Mama's delicious meals and her sweet smile on Thanksgiving day.  


Caleb and I started the tradition of going to pick out our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day the year we got married.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day.  We got it from a family owned tree farm a mile from our house this year, and we bought the biggest tree they had.  It is MASSIVE.


We got a good bit of decorating done Thursday night.  Our house smells so good and looks so pretty with Christmas decorations.  There's still a ton to do, but I'm loving every second of it.  

And just to remind myself for next year, I will not go shopping at midnight before Black Friday ever again.  It was pure chaos.  Maybe we could go later on Friday morning, but the midnight idea, not a good one.  We made some fun memories though.

All in all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  Stay tuned for Round 2 in Georgia.

No comments: