Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Decorations 2011

I loved decorating a new house for Christmas this year!  I didn't get as much done as I would have liked due to time and cost (good decorations are expensive), but I loved what we did do!  Luckily, I've already bought some new big garland to go around the front door and 2 big outdoor trees for the porch entrance next year.  They were on sale this week : )

Our tree was enormous this year.  Caleb insisted we get the huge one since it was the same price as the others.  Obviously, we need a new bow for next year.  This bow looks like it's for a midget tree.  I'd also like some gold deco-mesh stuff to wrap around the tree.


Our village is growing exponentially.  It's one of my favorite parts of our Christmas decorations because each piece has a special meaning.  I bought the new gold wreath and the garland with gold balls this year for the mantle.  I like using gold in the living room with real tree.


Here's my early Christmas present from Mom this year...the Willow Tree nativity!  I've been wanting it for so long, and I love it!  It's the first thing you see when walking in the front door, and it helps us remember the real meaning of Christmas!  I can't wait to get all the other pieces for it.


In the front bedroom, I put our new white tree with bright colored and silver decorations.  It's so happy!


I didn't do much in the dining room, just the silver and gold balls on the table.  You can see my dying anniversary roses.  Poor things.  They were beautiful 2 weeks ago : )


And here's the front of the house.  Simple lighted garland around the columns (we may skip it next year) and 2 large wreaths with glittery bows on the 2 big windows.  We also put lights in one of the trees.


And that's pretty much it for the Christmas 2011 posts!  It's all coming down tomorrow.  We left it up through tonight because Ashley & Nicole (2 of my best friends, since I was 2 years old) are coming over for dinner tonight.  I can't believe it's almost 2012.


No comments: