Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year & Duke game

I really can't believe it's already 2012.  2011 was a wonderful year for so many reasons (most of which are re-capped here on the blog), but it also had its challenges.  Losing Mama was a big challenge, but it made us grow as a family.  I am excited for a new year and had a fun time ringing it in!

We went to New China for dinner with the family on New Years Eve.  I felt like that was appropriate...New China...New Years.  Maybe it's a stretch, but we had a good time.

Caleb and I went to Durham, NC for the Duke basketball game on New Years day with his buddy, AJ.  Caleb's grandpa and mom are HUGE Duke fans, and they definitely passed that gene on to Caleb.  We were so excited to attend our first game together at Cameron Indoor.


I couldn't believe that building is a gym.  It's so pretty.


Yes, we bought matching t-shirts.


Coach K!  I realized I'm kinda obsessed with him.  


Caleb was pretty proud of this dunk picture.



Duke won by 30 points, a most relaxing game to enjoy.  I tend to get a little worked up when the games are close so it was nice to just watch some dunks and enjoy it.

I don't do resolutions, but I would like to be more purposeful with my quiet time this year.  Sometimes it gets put aside when I'm tired, rushed, or anything else.  I have now switched to doing it in the morning, rather than at night, and I think that's gonna work a lot better.

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and ate lots of collard greens and black eyed peas.  Thanks for ours, Bev : )

No comments: