Tuesday, February 21, 2012

December 22

December 22, 2007:  

I woke up at Caleb's parent's house after a little pre-Christmas visit.  I showered, said my good-byes, and headed home.  I was already neglecting to fix my hair or put on make-up, an obvious sign that I felt way too welcome with his family.  Caleb was planning to drive to my parent's house later that night to spend a few days with us.  I got home and started helping my mom clean the house.  She said we were having some family over that night for a Christmas party.  I was dusting, cleaning toilets, a little bit of everything.  In the midst of my hard work, Caleb called.  About 3 times.  I kept missing his call because I was so busy, but I finally heard my phone and talked to him.  He said his car had broken down in Clinton when he stopped to drop off his tuition check at PC.  I completely bought the story because his car had been having some issues, and he had just shown me an email or something saying his tuition was due.  Totally believable.  I then asked John, my older brother, if he would go pick Caleb up from Clinton.  Luckily, John was in on the surprise, and he refused.  Mean brother.  My dad also declined so I had to hop in my car, cleaning clothes and all, and drive to Clinton.  When I got there, Caleb was just standing out beside his car.  I didn't even stop my car.  I just said hop in, we gotta go!  He said no, just get out for a second.  He was at the exact spot where we met in 2004, and he wanted to have a romantic moment.  He then pointed out some white rose petals.  I assumed it was just trash and I wondered why in the world I had to go look at it when there was a Christmas party happening in Buffalo.  I walked over toward the trash/rose petals, found a note, and started reading.  It was the.sweetest.thing.  I have ever read.  At the end, it read:  "By the way, my car isn't really broken."  I then turned around to find Caleb down on one knee holding a beautiful diamond ring, asking me to marry him!!!!  Ahhhhh!!!!  What an awesome surprise!!!  By the time we made it back to my parent's house, the "Christmas party" had turned into an "Engagement party" with all sorts of wonderful friends and family.  It was the BEST day!



I will never forget December 22, 2007.

December 22, 2011 is pretty memorable, too.  I woke up around 6:30 AM, walked into the bathroom, and took a pregnancy test.  I, rather calmly if I can say so myself, then told Caleb he may want to come in there.  It was positive!!!  We were thrilled!  Just like when he proposed, Caleb cried, and I laughed.  We had prayed for a baby, and now there's one on the way!!!  We then crawled back in bed and thanked the Lord for this miracle.  We could hardly believe it, but it felt so right and perfect at the same time.  It was quite possibly my favorite day ever!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, those who have been called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

Needless to say, December 22 is a pretty awesome day in my book : )  We could not be happier right now!!!!  Praise the Lord for this wonderful blessing!  Ahhhh!!!  We're gonna be parents!!!

5 comments:

A Butta Way to Cook said...

Ahh Congratulations Kathryn and Caleb!! So excited for y'all!!

Melissa said...

Yay! Glad the cat's out of the bag now! You guys are going to be awesome parents! See y'all tonight!

Alyssa said...

YAYAYAY!!!! So glad the news is out!!! yall are going to be the best parents ever. It makes my life complete that I get to share this journey with you. I wouldn't trade this for the world. Love you, Caleb, and baby Massengill so much!

Caroline Sheorn said...

Yayyy... I've been waiting to just type it out...! I am SO excited for you guys! Congratulations! I LOVE Y'ALL! xo

*AMP* said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you two!