Wednesday, October 3, 2012

what I'm gonna miss...

...about maternity leave.

Let me start by saying that I am truly blessed to have such a great job to return to.  So I'm not complaining.  I'm just remembering how amazing these past 8 weeks at home with my baby have been.  The first few weeks are a bit of a blur, but there have been so many wonderful memories made.  There was never an exact routine, but our days were somewhat the same each day.

The day began with nursing Wilson whenever he wakes us up, somewhere between 6:45-7:30 am.  Then I would pump a bottle while Caleb cuddled Wilson.  One of us would make our boring breakfast, oatmeal and cheese toast, while the other got ready.  Wilson would usually be content in his Mamaroo for a little while.  Then Caleb left for work, and we got ready for our walk.

I loved every morning walk with Wilson is his car seat strapped into his Bob stroller (the best thing we purchased as far as baby gear).  We walked about a mile and half each morning and soaked in the sounds of being outside, even the barking dogs.  We always stopped and talked to sweet neighbors and realized how great our neighbors are.

Sometimes Wilson would nap after our walk, and I'd have time to shower.  If not, no big deal.  He'd hang out in his bouncy seat during playtime eventually for me to do that.  In the mornings, we'd play, cuddle, nap.  I read him a story and played with him on his playmat.  Then Caleb came home for lunch, and we'd all hang out.

For the afternoon, it was sometimes a repeat of the morning, but sometimes we'd get crazy and go shopping with Gigi.  We're so thankful she came up so often to hang out with us.

It has been an amazing 8 weeks, and I hate to see it end.  But at the same time, I'm so thankful my mom will be coming to keep Wilson and that I have a job to go back to next week.  I'm praying this new stage of life goes well for us all : )

No comments: