Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jamaica Getaway 2013

Caleb and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary later this month.  I can hardly believe it!  We love going on trips for our anniversaries.  

1st:  Gatlinburg to a mountain cabin
2nd: Cruise to Bahamas
3rd:  New York City
4th:  Downtown Greenville (we had a 4 month old baby)
5th:  JAMAICA!

I firmly believe that time away just the two of you is super important for a marriage, and I'm thankful Caleb agrees.  We originally planned to go to Jamaica for New Years, but Caleb found out the resort would be much cheaper in November.  We both had some vacation days that needed to be used so we booked it, and I'm glad we did.

My Jamaica pictures are in some kind of crazy order since my computer was whacko when we got back so I apologize.

We went to Sandals Montego Bay and were very impressed.  We went to a Sandals in St. Lucia for our honeymoon, and we were afraid this one wouldn't be as nice.  But it really was!  

We love an inclusive resort.  It's just nice to already have food and fun activities paid for.  One of our favorite parts was water skiing and wake boarding.  The water was rough in the ocean, but we had fun.  You would have thought we were superstars when we did it (and I am SOOO NOT a good skier).  But several people before us could not even get up so the watchers were very impressed.


Here's the sunset from our 2nd night.  The first night we didn't even break out the camera.  


Before dinner on night #2


It was 80 degrees and sunny all day every day.  Absolute perfection.  We could not have asked for better weather.


We went for our very first Hobie Cat ride.  They let you take this little sailboats out all by yourself.  Luckily, Caleb is very smart with water sports so he got the hang of it right away.





Before dinner the 3rd night


I can't believe it's been FIVE years since we were in St. Lucia!


We had dinner that night at an Asian restaurant that was delicious.




The Jamaicans did nightly shows, and they sure can dance.


This spot was my favorite for the afternoons in the shade after a day on the beach.


We enjoyed breakfast buffet with an ocean view every morning.


Another fun and new thing we did was paddle board.  I mentioned how good Caleb was at water sports, but let's just say paddle boarding wasn't his thing.  I however thought it was much easier than I anticipated.  That's Caleb OFF the board ; )



I miss that pool...



The resort was right by the airport.  Like, it took us 10 minutes to get to our resort.   I vividly remember the 2 hr bus ride from airport to resort in St. Lucia, and it was miserable.  So I was thankful to be so close.


Our last night there was the beach party!





The Jamaicans were sooooo nice and made our trip very special.


I loved spending those 4 nights with Caleb on our getaway, and we knew that Wilson was well taken care of with his grandparents.   I don't think I would survived without FaceTime though ; )

No comments: