Tuesday, April 22, 2014

20 Months

Wilson,

You are 20 months old!  This post is a little late, but battling 2 stomach bugs slowed us down a bit.  You are changing so quickly and learning so much so fast.  Your speech is blowing me away right now!

Your favorite word is more - pronounced as southern as possible - "moooorrreee."   I also love how you say uh-oh:  "Uh-Oh-Eeze."  Adorbs.  When you say "I don't know," you hold your hands out.  You also say whoa, splash, bus, buck (truck), go to school, hose pipe, it's stuck (duck), bacon egg cheese, I got a buck (truck), I see a dog,  Bye Bye Bye, (always 3 of them) snap, snap snap (you love snapping!), I get the ball, diggity dog, I made a mess, I get a bite, and of course, I DO IT.  You wanna do everything yourself right now.

You are ridiculously picky with food right now, and it got to me really bad for a while.  Now I offer you whatever we are eating including veggies, but I've quit stressing over it.  You LOVE bacon, chips and salsa, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, strawberries, bananas, grapes, apples, and cheese.  You could survive on meat and fruit.  Oh, and milk.  You LOVE milk!

You love to play with any kind of push toy, bubbles, give high 5's, pound it, play chase, and run to hide behind your rocking chair.  I can usually find you back there reading your books.  You also love your giant giraffe.

Daddy taught you to pick flowers for Mommy in the yard and bring them to me.  He got some major points that day.

Your favorite song is "If you're happy and you know it."  You especially love the stomp your feet part.   You also love wheels on the bus and making the motions.  And your favorite show is no longer Mickey - you now love Jake and the neverland Pirates, asking for Jake frequently.  You don't watch TV for a prolonged period of timing, but those 10-15 minutes of peace and quiet, and stillness, are great!

You are still the cuddliest kid ever.  You love to rock and hold onto my pinky.  As exhausting as it can be to get you to sleep sometimes, it really is sweet that you still want to cuddle.  I'm gonna miss that one day, buddy.  We love you so much, and we want to freeze time right where it is!  I love this age so much!!!

You put Daddy's shoes on almost daily.


And you love this gun!  You go get it and say "shoot!"



We took these pictures as we finished watching the Masters so we just left you in your favorite outfit - a diaper.  




Climb, little monkey!



I sure do love that sweet little face!


No comments: