Thursday, June 5, 2014

Exciting News!

We are beyond excited to share the news that Wilson is going to be a BIG BROTHER!

I feel like these pictures capture his emotions.

"What did you say?"




"What are we gonna do with a BABY?"



"Ok, maybe it will be fun!"


"lots of fun!!"



Caleb and I prayed for another baby close in age to Wilson, and we are so blessed that it's gonna happen.  I know it will be hard at times, but I'm hoping Wilson loves having a sibling so close in age. When we ask him where the baby is, he points to my belly and smiles.  But if we ask him if he wants a baby brother OR a baby sister, he says NO.  It's kind of hilarious.

The first trimester was not nearly as bad as it could have been.  I was definitely much more tired.  I remember coming home from work and taking naps when I was pregnant with Wilson, but that's just not an option with a very active 1 year old little boy at home.  In some ways, Wilson made it easier, especially in the sense that the first trimester went by very quickly.  I feel very thankful to have made it this far, almost 15 weeks!

I had some nausea and vomited a few times, the worst being probably when we went to Miami at 6 weeks for a friend's wedding.  Since then, fatigue is my only real symptom.  I started showing a lot sooner this time, and I had people ask me if I was pregnant as early as 9-10 weeks.  Bold people, I tell ya.  I still haven't switched over to maternity clothes, but it's coming very soon.  Now I'm having some reflux but otherwise feeling great!

I am super thankful for all of Caleb's help so far - from indulging my late night cravings of cantaloupe and cereal to doing bath and bed with Wilson.  He's been such a big help, and I really don't know how a single mom can do it.  I'm also thankful for my mom's help cooking us healthy meals and coming to watch Wilson at a moment's notice the day I'm pretty sure I had the stomach bug.

Being pregnant is such a gift, and I feel so blessed to be doing it again.  We are praying for a healthy baby in November!

No comments: