Monday, September 12, 2016

Baby Woods is here!!!

After having Wilson and Wallace 2 and 3 weeks early, I never thought I would make it to my scheduled c-section for Baby Woods.  But, we did!  It was actually really nice because we had the big boys arranged, AKA my mom stayed at our house the night before so she could get them fed, dressed, and to school.  Caleb and I were at the hospital bright and early at 5 AM soon ready to meet our THIRD baby boy!  As Caleb prayed for a safe delivery on the drive into the hospital, we both commented on how strange it was to be driving there when I wasn't in active labor.  We never got to experience that before.  Woods, you're such a rule follower ; )

We got to the hospital around 5, got checked in, on the monitor, and my IV was placed.  Anesthesia came by, and then Dr. Giep showed up.  It was so calm and amazing.  The only minor issue is that Caleb forgot his breakfast bars somewhere at the house, and I was so worried he would faint during the surgery if he didn't eat.  He tried to get food from a vending machine before, but it didn't work.  Luckily, he did great with no issues during the c-section.

I was most anxious about the spinal.  Anesthesia has been my biggest concern every time because I worry about all the possible complications.  I had the CRNA and anesthesiologist in the OR with me, and everything went great.  

The c-section was scheduled for 7:30, and Baby Woods was born at 7:37 AM.  It was SO fast and amazing and perfect!  He came out peeing - all over Dr. Giep - and screaming.  He looked fat, healthy, and perfect.  

He weighed 9 lbs and was 21 inches long.

I developed a headache during the c-section, but it went away with some adjustments in my blood pressure (it fluctuated up and down the whole time).  I was able to hold Woods while still in the OR this time, and it's the BEST feeling ever to get to hold your brand new baby.  It took a little while (close to an hour I feel like) to finish the surgery, mostly because it was my third c-section.

My fave moments happen in the recovery room.  For whatever reason, I absolutely LOVE that time when it's just me, Caleb, and our sweet baby for a few minutes.  Woods was a great little nurser, and he latched right away.  

Soon after that sweet, sweet time of holding him on my chest, my mom followed by Caleb's mom came in to meet their newest grandson.  It was such a special time.

Thank you, Lord, for the safe arrival of our precious gift from you.  





















All of his grandparents were there to meet him, and it was so sweet!  A few hours later, the big brothers arrived!

No comments: