Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crazy Love

I feel like it's the perfect time to talk about love...this being the week of love and all.  I love every holiday, even the cheesy ones like Valentine's Day.  Anyway, tonight at Bible Study, we talked about God's "crazy" love for us.  In the book, Chan says that "while God doesn't NEED us but still WANTS us, we desperately NEED God but don't really WANT Him most of the time."  That is such a true statement.  We don't AT ALL deserve His love, mercy, and guidance.  Yet we are granted them day after day. Tonight we focused on our love for God and that we want to be IN LOVE with God.  Do you remember when you fell IN LOVE with Him?  It's a pretty simple question.  It's easy to remember a time that you had that strong feeling and passion for the Lord, but it's so difficult (for me anyway) to maintain that desire for Him day in and day out.

I recall the days of junior high and high school when it almost came naturally to be bold for Christ.  I mean, you're surrounded by Christian friends, constantly going to FCA and First Priority, and always have a spiritually awakening summer camp to look forward to.  I really was IN LOVE with the Lord then.  
That LOVE becomes a bit more challenging in my version of the "real world."

"'O Sovereign Lord,'" I said, 'I can't speak to you!  I'm too young!'
The Lord replied, 'Don't say I'm too young, for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you.  And don't be afraid of the people.  For I will be with you and will protect you.  I, the Lord, have spoken!'  Then the Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said,
'Look, I have put my words in your mouth!  Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms.  Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow.  Others you must build up and plant.'"
Jeremiah 1: 6-10

That scripture serves to remind us to be IN LOVE with Christ wherever He may send you and whatever situation He may place you in.  


No comments: