Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Melting Pot

So, I'm turning 25 on Friday.  That's old.  I am so excited that I'll finally be telling patients the truth when I say I'm 25.  For some reason, 24 sounds so young compared to 25.  I mean, it is a quarter of a century.  

My birthday last year was wonderful, but I have enjoyed giving Caleb a hard time about it ever since.  I was doing my ER rotation, and I worked until 11 pm on my birthday eve.  When I got home, he had Miley's "It's the Climb!" blaring for me (because he knows I love it so much!).  We did gifts and celebrated that night which was great.

However, the next morning, on my REAL birthday, I slept in.  That was the great thing about the ER - you get days off at a time!  Well, I was fixing a bowl of a cereal for breakfast (Caleb was already at work and had eaten breakfast), and I realized I had NO milk.  Caleb used ALL the milk for HIS oatmeal on MY birthday.  

Then...we had to drive to Charleston that night for something I had for PA school.  So my "birthday dinner" was at the China buffet in Newberry.

Dry cereal and cold sesame chicken.  

Not exactly setting the bar high for b-days, huh, Caleb?!

Well, he brought his A-Game to the 25th birthday.  We went to the Melting Pot Monday night for an early birthday celebration, and it was wonderful!!!  I have always wanted to eat there, and now I know why.

We chose a spinach and artichoke cheese as our appetizer, and it was amazing!


We had tuna, steak, chicken, pork, and shrimp!  Yummmmmy!



Our waiter was great, too!


Dessert was the BEST part.  We chose white chocolate with oreos mixed in, and they bring "dippers" like strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, etc.  


It was a great experience, and it makes 25 look fantastic : )

I'd say Caleb redeemed himself already.




1 comment:

Alyssa said...

LOOOOOOVE the melting pot! I have never had the white oreo stuff...we need to go back!!!