Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Silly Fights

Every couple has silly fights, and Caleb and I are no exception.  If you say you don't have them, you're telling a little fib.  I personally enjoy the silly fights because we end up laughing at ourselves and the ridiculous-ness of the disagreement.  Last night's silly fight takes the cake for us, literally.

I made this cake 2 WEEKS AGO, and surprisingly there was still some left (mainly because I wouldn't let myself eat it).  Caleb, however, had apparently been rationing it out as his lunch dessert every day, as if we are starving with no other desserts to be found.  There's no telling how long he planned on making it last.  Well, because I made it 2 WEEKS AGO, I decided to throw it away yesterday afternoon.  There really wasn't much left, but evidently the best 2 pieces were still in the cake pan.  When we got home from running errands last night, Caleb just kinda eyed the kitchen for the cake pan, and it was in the sink.  I had to break the news to him that the remaining 2 pieces of old cake were in the trash can.

Well, you would've thought that I just told him the worst news of his life.  He had a temper tantrum that would have made any 2 year old proud.  I wish there was a way I could have recorded his tantrum to play back.  He had about 5 valid points as to why I never should have thrown away that cake.  I waited on tears, but they never came.  The hissy fit was quite impressive, and we finally laughed about the silliness of the cake fight (after a good 30 minutes of why he still NEEDED it).

So NEVER throw away cake!  Especially when the best piece with tons of icing is still there!

My other fave silly fight of all time was over Chick-fil-a.  I remember it like it was yesterday, but it was actually before we even got married.  We were at a Chick-fil-a drive thru in Columbia on the way to Charleston, and Caleb ordered his regular chicken nugget meal VALUE SIZED.  An extra 37 cents.  Well, we went into mega-finance talk and how that was such an unnecessary added expense.  Wow.  Pick your battles, people.  I've learned to always let him value size it.  It's the cheapest bit of happiness around.  

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i, too, have always had a little secret qualm with Ryan value sizing his fast food...but i agree, pick your battles! ha ha!

Cameron said...

i am dying laughing because i can just picture caleb making all his valid points as to why those 2 pieces of cake should never had been thrown away! ya'll are so funny! and yes we all have our silly fights and it's funny to look back and them and just laugh!