Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ouch!

I did a silly (blonde) thing on Monday that was a bit painful. 

As I was running out the door for work Monday morning, my left contact started bothering me a little.  I grabbed a bottle of what I thought was contact solution and decided I'd fix it at work.  It was a free sample bottle from the eye doctor, and I assumed it was just plain ole solution.

Wrong.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I slipped out my contact, rinsed it off, and put it back in my eyeball.  OUCH!!!!  It came back out quicker than it went in.  I screamed and saw my eye turn blood red.  I just knew I was blinded.

The "solution" was an overnight (at least 6 hours) cleansing agent...aka hydrogen peroxide in a fancy contact bottle.  I flushed my eye with sterile water and soaked my contact for a while when I went into the office.  I will NEVER EVER use that stuff again.

All you contact users understand the pain.  Always read the instructions...

No comments: