Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Bahamas

We just got home from here:


We went on a cruise to the Bahamas, and it was one of our all-time favorite vacations!  Caleb had never been on a cruise, and he was so fascinated by everything.  (I talk like I'm a pro, but I've only been on one during college, ha.)

I agreed to a cruise whenever they started leaving from Charleston.  I was not interested in spending a day driving down to Florida, and the 2 and a half hour drive to Charleston was so nice.  We stayed with Matt and Alyssa on Thursday night (thanks guys), and we hopped on the big ship Friday morning.


Here we are leaving Charleston.  It was a bit chilly with the wind and all, but it warmed up quickly.


We went with Abbie and Allen.  Abbie and I went to PA school together at MUSC, and she is such a great friend.  We decided to watch the rest of the departure from behind the glass windows due to the wind.  Caleb stood out in it without a jacket the entire time.  He was obsessed by passing Fort Sumter and all the fun things Charleston has to offer.


He took a picture out our window every day to remember what it looked like.


We met the Italian captain after dinner one night, and I complimented him on his smooth sailing!  I never felt a tinge of sea-sickness!  


It rained a bit on our first day at sea, but we didn't let that slow us down.  We enjoyed some relaxing time in the hot tub and did some reading.  I actually finished a book!  

It's a good thing we got some relaxation in that day because we were non-stop the rest of the trip!  Stay tuned for Freeport and Nassau excursions : )

No comments: