Friday, January 7, 2011

Scotty, Colton, and Lyndsey

During my senior year at PC, they announced the transition into Division I athletics.  I was so excited!  They're still in the transition process, and Caleb and I have loved watching it all take place.  We go to as many football and basketball games as we can, and we made it to the b-ball game last night.  It was a special game as they were revealing the new Division I mascot, Scotty the Scotsman.  How precious!  Except I don't think "precious" is what they're going for.  He's fierce, with a sword and everything!


(I stole this picture off our friend Justine's facebook)

It was so neat to witness ole Scotty's debut.  He was hilarious and did a great job.  He rode a scooter, danced with Dr. Griffith (the college president), and played with lots of kiddos.

It was great seeing Scotty and lots of other friends at the game!

Go Blue Hose!

And even more exciting than a mascot is a new BABY!  One of my best friends from high school, Ashley, was planning to be induced next Monday.  But...she started having contractions this morning, and little Colton was born around 4:30 this afternoon.  Nicole and I sat in the waiting room with all the grandparents and waited on his arrival.  I am so happy for Brett and Ashley, and Colton is adorable!


Ashley made labor look like a breeze.  Go girl!  She's gonna be such a great little mommy : )

I cooked dinner tonight for Caleb and me, and our friend Lyndsey.  Lyndsey is one of the first friends I made in Spartanburg, and I am so blessed to have her.  She's so fun, sweet, and just awesome!  Caleb and I love hanging out with her!

It's been a great past few days.  Now we're waiting for this foot of snow they're calling for...


No comments: