Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Here Comes Santa Clause!

Caleb and I spent a lot of time this weekend working on Christmas decorations.  It's kinda tough to get everything worked out just right, especially for the outside stuff, in a new house.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE decorating, but if I have to go back to Walmart for another extension cord, I think I might scream.  

The garland I bought to go around the front door looked too small so we moved it to the columns, and we're still waiting to get our bows up on our wreaths.  So it's not quite a finished product.

However, in the midst of my decorating frustration on Sunday, we heard a fire truck.  It kept sounding like it was getting closer and closer.  We really thought it was in the neighborhood.  Then I saw it!  Going super slow.  I told Caleb I hope our house never catches on fire because the local fire station sure didn't seem to get in a hurry.  Then finally the fire truck was right in front of our house.

There was no fire.  But there was... SANTA!  Just cruisin' through the hood in his fire truck.


Ho, Ho, Ho!!!  Santa came by, and my sweet little elf Caleb was hard at work with the garland.  No more decorating frustration for me : )


Jordan spent the night with us Monday night because he's doing some training in Greenville so we put him to work, too.  We knew he was just stupid brave enough to climb our trees to hang lights.


Thanks, little brudder!  You're so brave : )

I'll add some pictures of the decorations once I'm completely satisfied with it all.  Santa seemed to like 'em during his drive-by!

No comments: