Monday, December 5, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's Christmas month!!!  I love all the special Christmas celebrations that happen during December.  I would go to every festive event in the Upstate if we had time.  But since we don't, we just choose a few to check out.  

Dickens of a Christmas is held in downtown Spartanburg each year, and we've never been able to make it before.  Despite being in running clothes after a cold jog, we made it to Morgan Square to be a part of that event this year.  I'm not gonna lie, the lighting of the tree was a little anti-climatic, but at least it can be checked off my bucket list.  There was great Christmas music and tons of people all bundled up.  It was neat seeing the people dressed in Dickens-like costumes, but it was absolutely FREEZING.

Here are the 2 trees - one in the Denny's building, and the other one is the one in Morgan Square downtown.


We also had our work Christmas party on Friday at the Piedmont Club.  Here's Meredith, me, and Dr. Fowler.  I always seem to forget my camera at our party so the phone had to do.


It was a yummy meal followed by our annual Chinese auction gift exchange.  I came home with a Christmas centerpiece, and it's already on the table.  I just love Christmas parties : )


No comments: