Tuesday, May 15, 2012

25 weeks

So, the past few days have been an absolute whirlwind for us.  There have been awesome things happening, and I can't wait to blog about them all.  But first:  I'm gonna do the standard pregnancy update.  There are exciting things coming soon : )


How Far along? 25 weeks
Size of the Baby? We weighed him on ultrasound last Thursday, and he was 1 lb. 12 oz, measuring over a week ahead, 86th percentile.  He’s gonna be a big boy!  He’s probably 2 pounds by now.

Maternity Clothes? Most definitely – Still some normal shirts and dresses.  Medium t-shirts look much better than smalls.

Gender?  BLUE!

Movement?  Yes sir!  He’s a wiggler.  He’s head down so I feel kicks, punches, and movements all over the place.  I just love it.

Sleep? Well, falling asleep is not an issue at all.  I’m absolutely exhausted by the time my head hits the pillow.  I now wedge myself between a body pillow and regular pillow, with 2 regular pillows under my head.  It’s my attempt to stay on my left side, but it doesn’t always happen.  And I’m waking up earlier now, around 5 or 6 am.  I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m complaining because I know it could be so much worse.

Cravings? Almost anything.  I wish we had kept count of our trips to Yogurt Mountain.  It’s getting a bit out of hand, but at least I had a gift card.  It’s gone now : )  I look forward to every meal.  No wonder he’s measuring so big.  Whoops!

Symptoms?  Overall, I feel great!  But I decided I’d write down the symptoms I am having so I don’t forget:  fatigue (I’m worn out by the end of the work day), sharp pains while power walking (they always go away when I rest), an outie belly button (why do some people tell me this is cute?), frequent urination, heartburn, hunger.  So in a word:  Pregnant.  I feel pregnant.  And I absolutely LOVE it!

What I miss?  Running.  I think I may start swimming for exercise. 

Milestones?  Making sure Wilson is still growing!  I always worry about everything so that was very reassuring with the ultrasound last week.

What I’m nervous about?  Doing my glucola test

What I’m excited about?  All that just happened last weekend – John and Brittnee’s wedding!  Our niece Wellsleigh being born!  And breaking news: our crib and dresser have arrived!  Now if only we can make room for them.

No comments: