Tuesday, June 26, 2012

31 weeks


How Far along? 31 weeks – we’re in the 30’s!!! So hard to believe!
Size of the Baby? We’ll find out next week when we do an ultrasound.  My phone says 4 pounds and 19 inches.  That seems so long!
Maternity Clothes? All day long.  And XL t-shirts for sleepy time.

Gender?  Sweet baby boy

Movement?  Lots!  Being an obsessive OB person, I do kick counts a few times a day.  Almost any time I lay still for a few minutes, I can feel 10 movements very quickly.  It makes me so happy!

Sleep? It depends on the night.  I wake up at least once a night to potty, but there are some nights that I feel like I toss and turn constantly.  And tossing and turning takes time and concentration now, HA.  I think the source of my difficulty sleeping is hip pain/leg cramps/heartburn.  Luckily, I just wake Caleb up to chat in the middle of the night until I can fall back asleep ; )

Cravings? Not too much right now.  The appetite is kinda weird.  I still love cold stuff – ice cream!  Gatorade when I walk.  Watermelon.

Symptoms?  Exhaustion.  I feel like I could sleep all day every day, but I’m thankful that I’m able to get up and go to work all day.  See above sleep issues.  And a bit of anxiety about what’s about to happen!

What I miss?  Feeling rested and having lots of energy.  I used to be able to go for 30 minute runs with no problem.  3 minutes into my walk yesterday, I seriously wanted to lay down on the road and take a nap.  3 minutes.  I made myself go for 20, but I was pooped!

Milestones?  Being over 30 weeks.  The countdown is on.  If this little fella decides to come a week early (which I’m praying for because he’s so big), we’ll have him in 8 weeks!  We also got a lot done in the nursery this weekend.

What I’m nervous about?  Labor.  There are so many little decisions you can make going into it, but I know from patient stories that it all goes out the window when those big contractions start.  I’m just praying we’ll have a safe, healthy labor and delivery and that God will work out the details.

What I’m excited about?  All the amazing things we’ve gotten for Wilson.  Mom and I washed several loads of laundry last week, and the nursery is starting to come together.


The 31 week pic is from before leaving for my friend Katie's wedding Saturday.  The days when I put on makeup, jewelry, and heels are few and far between now so we get the camera out when it does happen.  It was SO fun to see lots of friends!  We had spent all day in the nursery so I felt it was appropriate to take the picture in there.    

2 comments:

User Not Found said...

YAY! 31 weeks with a healthy baby boy! I know that thinking about labor is nervewracking (I can't imagine knowing everything you know since you work in OB). My mindset was, "We are going to have a baby today. No matter what happens in the process, the end result is that we're having a baby." That little thought helped me through so many of those moments and it ended up being one of the most amazing days of my life!! :) So glad you get to experience it too.

Alyssa said...

Thats one hot mama!