Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Myrtle Beach

My parents usually take a trip to Myrtle Beach in late July or early August, but they decided to go earlier this summer.  It worked out great for us because I have no plans of driving to a beach 4 hours away and putting on a bathing suit at 9 months pregnant.  7 months was bad enough for those unfortunate souls sitting near us at the pool, ha : )  So there's your warning before scrolling down to the pictures.

It was a pretty quick trip for Caleb and me.  We didn't go until late Friday night and came back Sunday afternoon, but it somehow didn't feel too rushed.  We made time for a late night round of putt putt on Friday.  I played better with a baby in utero than I ever did without him there.  Maybe Wilson will be a golfer.

We enjoyed a yummy breakfast Saturday morning before heading to the pool.  I'm so glad Anna and her friend Jordan came to spend the day with us.  They had been beach bums all week.  And my friend Maggie just happened to be on her way home from Murrells Inlet on Saturday so she stopped by to spend the day with us, too.  I hadn't seen Maggie in forever it seemed like.  It was great to catch up.

Brittnee, Anna, Jordan, Kayla, me, and Maggie


Kayla, Jordan, Caleb, me, John, and Brittnee


I'm not sure what made me decide to take pictures next to such skinny/ripped people, but oh well.  It's done now : )

We had a yummy dinner Saturday night at Prosser's in Murrells Inlet, and then we shopped for about 4 hours.  I was exhausted by bedtime, but it was a fun day.

My exhaustion was re-awakened by a recurrent fire alarm in our hotel from 10:30-midnight.  After an hour and a half of convincing Caleb to stop watching the Heat b-ball game and carry his wife down 9 flights of stairs, he ended up being right.  Somebody had just pulled the fire alarm.  I was a bit concerned though when the fire truck was outside, and there were tons of people down on the ground level after evacuating.  Needless to say, we all survived.

Somehow my parents escaped any pictures, but thanks for the trip!  We've now had 2 awesome beach vacations!