Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nursery Sneak Peak

Our friend Melissa gave Caleb a baby photography book at our shower a few weeks ago, and he has been reading it.  The book, among other things, has convinced Caleb that he must have some special lens for our camera.  Since I'm a sucker for "it's for for the baby," we now have this new lens.  I am pretty impressed by Caleb's pictures, and I can only imagine the photos he'll take of our little boy soon.

He practiced with some pictures of nursery details.  Here's a close up of the bedding.  I had the hardest time deciding on bedding.  I wanted simple:  baby blue and white.  I ended up getting it from Serena and Lily (which I am now obsessed with).  The bumper and crib skirt are plain white with blue piping, borders, and bows.  The sheet is baby blue, green, and white stripe.


Caleb stained the toy box that came from my dad's storage unit, and it looks so good!  We already have several toys for Wilson in it.  These 3 are my favorites:  The giraffe in the back was found at my grandma's house after she passed away.  She had already bought a baby gift just in case, and it makes me so happy to have this giraffe in his room.  The dark bear wearing the sweater is from FAO Schwartz in New York.  Caleb and I bought him in December before we found out we were pregnant, when we were hoping.  ; )  And Bingo is the bear in the red shirt.  He was Caleb's bear as a little boy.  I love that all 3 of these stuffed animals have such special meaning.


Caleb painted and hung these blue shelves on the wall.  I love the canvas on this shelf.  My mom got it for Wilson from Something Special, a cute little shop in Union.


Remember the chair?  It was Caleb's grandpa's that we had re-covered just for the nursery.  We sit in it a lot already.


And here's the rug.  I searched for a rug for a long time, and I ended up ordering this one from guess where, Serena and Lily.  They do have good deals and coupons at certain times.


So there are a few of the nursery details.  It's really starting to come together!

No comments: