Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wilson's Favorite Things

We have a lot of baby stuff at our house now.  Our car is packed to the brim with baby gear every weekend.  Wilson has taken over.  My dad frequently uses the term "Wilson World," and it's all too true.  We are officially baby-fied and wouldn't have it any other way.

Honestly, we didn't buy an abundance of unnecessary baby things.  We had very generous family and friends give us TONS of stuff, and we've used every bit of it.

By far, my favorite thing is my Bob stroller.  It was pricey, but it was something Caleb and I decided to splurge on (we counted it as part of my birthday gift last year).  We even got to use a $50 off coupon on it, and I'm a sucker for a coupon.  Wilson loves it, too.

I also really like our Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat.  We debated over whether or not to buy an extra base for my mom's car, and I'm so glad we did.  Caleb, my mom, and I all have a base in our cars, making it very easy to transfer the little guy.  My only complaint with this car seat is the overhead cover/sun shield thingie.  It doesn't cover enough and block enough sun.  We use a blanket (or often our hands) to shield bright lights from those precious baby eyes.

Our Moses basket was "clutch" for those first few weeks at home.  Wilson slept in it beside our bed for about 4 weeks.  We used the zipper swaddle for these first couple of weeks, and I really liked it.  We later used the velcro swaddles, but they made both of us nervous.  Was it too tight?  Not tight enough?  Luckily, we broke Wilson of the swaddle about 2 weeks ago.  It was so stressful in the middle of the night having to re-swaddle him.  I'm not sure why, but it just was.  Now he just sleeps in a regular little sleeper/footed pajama one piece thingy, most of which are hand-me-downs from our sweet nephews.

His playmat is his favorite thing right now!  He will lay on that thing FOREVER staring at his friend, the green seahorse.  It's a bit small but perfect for now.  He has something to look at, and he can kick all around.

He takes great naps in his bouncy seat, and it was the only place he would nap for a while.

His Mamaroo is perfect in the kitchen.  He sits there while we eat breakfast and dinner.  He didn't like it at first because we had it too reclined.  Nosy baby likes to be sitting up so he can watch everything.

Fingernail nail clippers and a hairbrush - he loves 'em and requires their use almost daily.

His bath tub - it's just a simple plastic tub from Babies R Us, and he would stay in it for hours if he didn't become a prune.

The Boppy is the most used gift we received.  I use it every time I nurse him (even in the car, HA!), and I lay him on it on occasion.

So there you have it!  I guess it's Wilson's and Mommy's favorite things.  I can't believe he's almost 11 weeks old!



1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Banks loves his playmat, too. I mean I sometimes feel bad because he is on it almost every awake time during the day. I asked Matt if its possibly he is on it too much? haha! I guess its the only toy they can really enjoy right now :)