Thursday, April 25, 2013

Night Night

This post will be boring to anybody but me, but I need to remember how sweet last night was.  Because I'm afraid things are about to change.  Just this week, Wilson has started crawling, walking with our hands, and pulling up to standing in his crib.  So I cherished our sweet time last night, and I'm gonna recap every little detail because these "baby" days are going too fast!

I went for a 2 mile run with Wilson after work, and he was just as happy as he could be.  Then we played in the floor, crawled around, and sang songs until Daddy got home from work.  We ate dinner together as a family (Wilson had sweet potatoes and green beans - He's LOVING table food) and played some more.  I gave him his bath in his ducky tub where he tried to jump out.  After more crawling in nothing but a diaper (so adorable), we got ready for bedtime routine.  Caleb put on his pajamas, I gave him his bottle, then I brushed his 4 teeth.  

After that, we went back into his room just me and Wilson and read stories.  We read his favorites - Happy Baby ABC and Pup's Numbers.  Then we started reading a Nursery Rhyme story.  He thought I was so silly when my words rhymed, and if I whispered a nursery rhyme to him, he gave me the sweetest little smile and baby giggle.  He was so relaxed while we read.  He laid back on me completely, and we were both so happy.  

Then we said our prayers.  Well, I said prayers for both of us, and he was so content through it all.  I walked him to his crib, hugged him so tight, kissed his sweet cheeks, and said "Night Night I Love You!"  I laid him in his bed and he smiled so big!  He grabbed his Pup Pup lovey and made one little whimper when I walked away.  No crying.  No tears.  No stress.  Just pure happiness.



He was asleep in no time.  It was an answer to prayer.  I've been working on getting him to go to sleep happily on his own, with some encouragement from lots of friends and family, and it's finally working. This is NOT to brag.  I've had more than my fair share of frustration with sleep so I'm cherishing this one perfect night.

All of this to say, he now stands up and moves around in his crib so there's no telling what will happen tonight.  There's always a new challenge with parenting.  I've realized those challenges make you truly appreciate the perfect days.  Love you, Wilson!

No comments: