Tuesday, August 13, 2013

12 Months

Wilson,

As of yesterday, you have been in our lives for 12 months now.  A YEAR!  I don't remember what life was like without you.

You rocked our world on August 12, 2012.  I should have known what we were getting into when my water broke at 9 pm on that Saturday night after a full day.  You wanted to get things started while I was already exhausted.  Then 25 hours of labor later, you decided to make your grand entrance at 10:56 pm.  Many sleepless nights later, I love you more than you could ever know sweet boy.  You're worth every middle of the night nursing session, midday meltdown nap fight (you're good at that), and back ache from leaning over your crib to hold your hand while you fall asleep at night.

This year has been the hardest, most rewarding, most fulfilling of my life.  I have prayed more, worried more, cuddled more, learned more.  I still have a long way to go to be the mommy I strive to be.  Each day is something new, and I love that.

You are the sweetest, cuddliest, happiest, smiliest baby ever.  My absolute favorite time with you is in the mornings when you wake up.  I pluck you from your crib, change your diaper, take you to the kitchen, get your cup of milk, and bring you back to my bed.  We cuddle while Daddy starts getting ready for work.   You drink your milk and try to share it with me.  Those moments are just so precious to me.

Then Daddy comes in and chases you around the bed.  You are obsessed with getting away and trying to capture the remote control.  That's your fave toy right now.  You also love balls, steering wheels, cups, and blocks.  You talk into them and crack yourself up with your funny voice echo.  And have I mentioned that you now wear big boy 2 piece jammies?  Because you do.

You wear size 12 months clothes, but you'll be in 18 months soon.  You wear a size 3 shoe and size 4 diaper.  You have 8 teeth, and you love food!  You also love to talk.  Loudly!  You're a great cruiser and climb stairs super fast.   You drink all whole milk now and always from a cup.  No more bottles or formula.  You also love water.  You laugh when we laugh, and you get upset when we tell you No-No.  I think you're gonna be a softie ; )

Wilson, you give us something to look forward to every morning when we wake up and every afternoon after work.  Your smile brightens any day.  You are a perfect little blessing from the Lord, and we are incredibly thankful for Him entrusting us to be your parents.  We pray that you come to know Jesus at an early age, and you will live your life to bring Him glory.  

Thanks for being ours!  Happy Birthday to YOU baby Wilson!!!  We love you sooooo much!

"How many more times do I have to put on this sticker and sit in this chair?"


Way too active for still monthly pics anymore.





He has now learned how to get out of the chair all by himself.





Go, buddy!



Oh, and he can stand all by himself.  Only if he's holding a toy.






Happy Birthday to YOU!!!





No comments: